Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Fury!







This is my early mother's day gift.  It really is a blessing from God, I give him all of the credit for giving us the blessed car!   We were really in need of a new vehicle. My husband's car to drive to work in had been on it's last leg and my car was just too small for our growing family! 
 This is a 1966 Plymouth Fury III.  It had only 93k miles original when we bought it. It has a completely original interior in immaculate condition!  It has spent it's entire life in this city that we live in!  
The original owner bought the car for his wife.  When she passed he put it in the garage until he died 20 years later.  His neighbor bought the car and owned it for 2 years...a wonderful Christian man who loves helping the homeless and even has a clothes closet in his home! Him and his wife do their laundry, feed them, and have some that even call and come by when they are on the rails in town! Great people who love to serve others!  I was so glad to meet them.  
They sold it to us at a wonderful price that was such a blessing because we did not want to go against God's Word and get way into debt again.  We were able to secure a very small loan and yet have a safe beautiful dream car to drive around in every day!  Yes this is my daily driver!  
God is so awesome!  We had been praying and waiting to find the right car for a year or more!  God is so right on time, too!  
I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband who gave me this blessed car and took the one I used to drive as his own!  What husband's let their wives have the best car anymore?  Mine does!


1 comment:

LubbyGirl said...

wow - this is great! so happy for you. the fellow you bought it from sounds like my husband: a heart for the homeless. We are also involved in a clothing ministry called Christ's Clothes Crew. Very encouraging!!