Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shooting Star!;)

      My husband and I saw the weather man mention a cool triangle in the night sky,  jupiter to the left of the moon and venus above it.  We decided to go outside and check it out before bedtime.  I am so glad we did!  As soon as we got out and looked up we both saw a wonderful shooting star go across the sky!  To me it was a sign from God that everything is headed in the right direction and that we will be awesome!  To keep aiming high!
      I am so glad to get that encouragement because we had had a rough time communicating this week.  We kept getting tempted to be defensive and we made a lot of wrong assumptions, we argued, were very sensitive, and we were both very easily offended the entire week!  The funny thing is that we were both afraid of the same exact things with each other.  I have learned quite a lot from this.
      For one, I really need to remember to focus on what I, or someone else, might have done to hurt my husband, when he seems upset for some reason.  I do not need to start worrying about how I will be affected. Instead I need to find out why he was affected and help if I can or just love him through it if I can not.  I do not need to be so self centered.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will remind me of this EVERY time, before I have a chance to mess up and be self centered.  I pray I will continue to pause and give God time to tell me what to do in all situations.  I know God is doing something wonderful in our marriage or the devil would not be trying to mess it up so badly lately.  Thank you God for giving us a sign when we did not have to have one....or maybe we really did and we just did not know it...God is so awesome!

No comments: